Friday, February 15, 2013

Pulled Pork is Boring, Said Nobody



Amazing.
Who says you can’t make burgers out of shredded pork? Liars do. I mistakenly read a recipe today and it turned into something awesome. What the recipe called for was a hamburger that was covered in shredded meat. I read it a little differently; I thought the burger was made of shredded meat. Doh.

Cue recipe conundrum, cue idea, cue pork, cue awesome. What happened next is a dinner that made me and the hubby very, very happy. I had some Everyday Paleo Beyond Easy Shredded Pork I’d made in my crockpot over the weekend. And, since it was cold, it was easy to scoop out and make into balls. Balls. Hee. I squished the balls (double hee) into patties and pan seared them in bacon fat. Oink. 

This looks gross. It wasn't
I served the magic burger on a bed of spinach topped it with caramelized onions and drizzled some wing sauce on top. It was yum.

The wing sauce is really awesome and easy too. It’s equal parts paleo mayo, Frank’s Red Hot and some dried dill. So. Friggin. Good. Make some now. Right now. I’m ending this post early so you can. You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment