Sunday, February 17, 2013

Clean It Up, Buttercup

Over the past few weeks I’ve been straying from paleo a bit too much. A little cheese here, some yogurt there, a bit of rice. It’s a slippery slope. Before I knew it, I was elbow deep in cheese pizza. Oops.
When my awesome friend Melissa of Lift. Teach. Run. Love. told me she was doing a 30 day challenge, I asked if I could join in. The challenge is 30 days of totally paleo eating (no wheat, soy, dairy, legumes). I am really looking forward to cleaning up my eating over the next couple weeks. (And my hubby agreed to join in too.)
I spent much of today cooking to prepare. And while I don’t find a list of what other people are making terribly interesting, I feel compelled to share it with you. Perhaps it’s because I’m bored and trapped in the house by this damn cankle.
And oh by the way, cankle’s are a total drag. Don’t ever invite one to your house or birthday party, it will never leave and will force you to lay on the ground with your leg up on the couch/wall/fireplace/fridge. Lame.
So here’s what I made:
·         Tuna salad with paleo mayo
·         Squashome soup (recipe coming soon)
·         Shepherd’s Pie
·         Savory Breakfast Casserole
·         Osso Buco
·         Grilled Sausages

Want to come over for dinner?

4 comments:

  1. YUM!! I need to make my plan tonight so I can shop and cook tomorrow!!! nomnomnom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! I can't wait to hear what you make, I have mayo for you if you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true that it's a slippery slope. It's always downhill for me even if I eat something little. That's why I have to be so strict. It's all or nothing! Glad to see you are back on track :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Although, I had a nut binge last night that reminds me of that slope. Going to try a nut-free few days to get back on track :).

      Delete