Saturday, March 30, 2013

Miss Me?

Chicken Fingers
So it’s been a while. Miss me? Probably not, ha ha. It was spring break and I unintentionally unplugged from the blogosphere. And by blogosphere I mean kitchen. Which means I ate a lot of takeout. (Feel free to translate this whole intro into the fact that I ate a lot of tortilla chips.)

So now that’s out there, let’s talk about one recent culinary adventure I took. (They’ve been scarce over the last few weeks.) How do you feel about chicken fingers? I feel amazing about them. And I just had a bunch. They were good. The end. Not really.
The longer version of the story is that making chicken fingers is easy. Keep reading and I’ll tell you how. The first step is keeping a simple spice mix on hand. Stupid simple. Here it is…
Spice Mix
·         2 T salt
·         1 T pepper
·         1 tsp paprika
·         1 tsp garlic powder

Not chicken fingers. Still good.

There is almost nothing that couldn’t be made better by a few sprinkles of this stuff. (Exclusions include ice cream and mangoes.) I make big batches and keep in a used empty spice shaker. 
OK, so take this lovely spice mix and do the following….
Chicken Fingers
·         1-2 pounds chicken breast
·         ½ cup almond flour (i.e. ground up almonds)
·         ½ cup dried minced onion
·         1-2 T spice mix
Mix together almond flour, minced onion and spice mix. Cut the chicken breast into strips (4-6 strips per breast) and dredge the pieces in the mixture. Throw onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Eat. Now it’s really the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment