Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cooking Therapy

Over the last three weeks my school, work and health converged into a giant swell of busy and left me unable to cook. Add in a few holidays and I literally hadn’t done my weekly cook-up in a very long time. (Picture lots of Chipolte, Five Guys, Elevation Burger, sushi, hot dogs and green smoothies.)
I had Saturday all to myself. It was fabulous.  I started the morning at CrossFit Aspire – this is my first week post-cankle boot. It’s been great getting back into the swing of things at the gym, but I am way out of shape. Yikes. I was sucking wind . Six weeks with no cardio leaves you pretty bad off.
After Aspire I headed to Whole Foods where I stocked up on all the good stuff. My cart looked so pretty I had to take a picture. (Yes, I am the crazy person at WF snapping shots of her cart.)

How cute are those tiny spaghetti squash?

Cooking is relaxing for me. Cathartic even. There’s something very fulfilling about preparing delicious and satisfying food for you and your loved ones. The more I cook, the better I feel. So let’s just say I was VERY relaxed by the time I was done. 
Here’s the damage:
·         3 pounds meatballs (recipe coming soon)
·         Roasted spaghetti squash
·         Grilled chicken drumsticks
·         Sausage-stuffed peppers
·         Creamy Spice Market Kale (Well Fed)
·         Jimaca Home Fries (Well Fed)

And I feel so good knowing that I have the whole week of food taken care of. No mornings without a breakfast to grab. No wondering where I have to run out and get lunch.
Café Pantz will be serving it up all week. Hallelujah.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think cooking is as cathartic for me as it is for you. I like to do it because I'm good at it, and I love to eat. But I'm so glad to see you cooking now - you've come a long way from a cart full of diet soda, canned beans and one tomato!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, with the hours I spend deconstructing veggies, I better enjoy it.

      Thank you for teaching me your wise ways!

      Delete