Thursday, April 11, 2013

Meatball Overload


I am about to say something I never thought possible: I have eaten too many meatballs. In the search to perfect the recipe, I made many batches. I had meatball taste tests. I had meatballs for breakfast. I shared them with friends. In short, I consumed many balls of meat.
One thing to chop.




The reason this recipe took so long is that I was trying to find a low-maintenance ball. Hee. The original recipe had so many things to chop that by the time I got to rolling them I was over the whole thing. And while I like fresh ingredients (paleo, duh), I always pair my meatballs with greens or another veg so I’m not terribly concerned about getting only fresh stuff into ball themselves. So, finally after mentioning it a few times here, I’m happy to reveal this recipe for Easy Ballz. You only have to chop on ingredient. It's actually fairly underwhelming. Sorry about that. 

Easy Meatballz
·         2 pounds ground beef
Chopped
·         1/2 cup dried minced onion (I use penzey’s)
·         1/2 cup almond flour (ground up almonds)
·         1 whole bunch flat leaf parsley (this is what you have to chop)
·         2 eggs
·         1.5 T salt
·         1.5 T garlic power

First off, mince the whole bunch of parsley. Make it small. My rule of thumb is that once you think you’re done, chop it five more times. I
Action Shot
have a stand mixer, so I literally just throw everything together in the order it’s listed and let the mixer do the hard work. Before I realized I could use the mixer, I just mushed it all together with my hands. That was kinda fun. Once it’s combined, I use a small ice cream scoop to ball up the meatballs. Line them on a baking sheet and cook at 350 for about 30 minutes. You can also grill them. Or cook them on the stove on medium heat. Eat in moderation.

6 comments:

  1. Billy and I have decided we want to try your Easy Ballz. They sound delish! I will let you know how they turn out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do - I love them so! I just need a break. Meatballs and I are "going on a break" - hee.

      Delete
  2. Where were these at the party in January?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that a ball challenge? The version I made for you was similar, but those balls were more complicated (insert giggle here).

      Delete
  3. YESSSS - I loved having them all week! Thanks friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet - Meals on Wheels specializes in balls!

      Delete